About the Byting Bulldogs
We are the Byting Bulldogs, a FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) team based out of Washington/Romeo, Michigan. The mission of team 3539 is to provide high school students experience in the real-world application of science, engineering, technology, and business while fostering the character traits of sportsmanship, dedication, and commitment to excellence.
- Provide an alternative to conventional sports
- Provide an opportunity for students to flex their intellectual muscle
- Provide professional mentors in engineering, CAD, machining, mechanical, electrical, programming, business, journalism, and graphic design
- Provide opportunities to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Provide opportunities to be active contributors to our community through outreach and service
What is FIRST?
For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology (FIRST) is an international youth organization that operates the FIRST Robotics Competition, FIRST LEGO League, FIRST LEGO League Jr., and FIRST Tech Challenge competitions.
Founded by Dean Kamen and Woodie Flowers in 1989, its expressed goal is to develop ways to inspire students in engineering and technology fields. It is noted for its philosophy of cooperative competition and gracious professionalism.